Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I've Been Watching Lately

Today all my videos have to do with my favorite moments from movies or television. So if you're not into classic musicals I suggest you skip todays post.

Dean Martin & Nancy Sinatra - Things
Dean Martin is by far my favorite singer of all time. I don't really care for Nancy Sinatra too much, but I've always loved this duet.



Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis - Hey Punchinello
I never liked any of the movies Jerry Lewis did without Dean Martin. I don't think there's 1 that I didn't like when they worked together. Best comedic team ever...



Fascinatin' Rhythm from Lady Be Good (1941)
This is a classic routine that is broken up into 3 parts. The first part features Connie Russell, who's a fine singer, but not very impressive after watching the next 2 parts. The 3 Berry Brothers come in at 3:06 and have some jaw dropping moves. The routine they did earlier in the movie was equally jaw dropping, if not better, but I couldn't find it anywhere online. Eleanor Powell comes in at 4:52, and does one of the best numbers of her fine career. Starts off a little slow, but has a big finish. Watching movies like this makes me wish MGM was still making quality musicals.



Judy Holliday - It's A Perfect Relationship
I didn't like Judy Holliday as an actress, but as a singer no complaints.



Best Of The Rest:

1. I got a little teared up when I first saw this scene from 'An American Tail'. It's just too cute. CLICK HERE FOR Somewhere Out There

2. I always refer to Tony Martin as the other Martin. He definately holds his own in this short clip though. CLICK HERE FOR Music In My Heart

3. Here's a Jerry Lewis number from the first of the Martin & Lewis movies 'At War With The Army'. CLICK HERE FOR Send A Salami

2 comments:

  1. Hey pallie Spin, nice to meet 'nother lover of our Dino...agree with 'bout Nancy, the jer, but had to admit that I have always enjoyed Miss Judy as both actress and singer...of course especially loves "Bells Are Ringing" with our Dino. Never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth....if you loves our Dino, you might just wanna click on my tagg to goes to the ol' ilovedinomartin Dinoblog...have a great day of giving thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pallie Spin, tried to leaves a comment, but didn't seem to work...just wanna say that it's way cool to meet 'nother lover of our Dino...never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth....

    ReplyDelete