Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, May 17, 2010

Song Fight Review: What Kind Of Love Are You Looking For

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Down For Awhile", and I predicted that Jeremy Dean would win. Well I was right this time, but it was closer then it should have been in my opinion. He only won by 1 vote. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

The Jeremy Dean Band - Nothing to complain about with this track. Found myself bobbin' my head along the entire time.

Longfellow Street - Loved the vocal performance. The music was simple, but catchy. Allowed me to focus on the vocals without being distracted, and in this case that's a good thing.

Jeff DeSantis - Very relatable for most people I would think. I kept saying "What kind of love are you on?" accidentally...

Ross Durand - Very sweet song, got a little teared up. I loved the piano.

Not Too Bad:
(To download these songs head over to Song Fight)

Nobody, et al. - I like the idea for this tune. I'd like to hear what this guy could do in a studio. He does a solid job with just a guitar & I'm guessing built in computer mic.

Mister Mann - Nice vocals. The guitar is a bit annoying. The music prevented me from getting to into the song unfortunately.

Bad Catholic Schoolgirls - Not too bad for what it is I guess. I mean it's juvenile & it seems like he's compensating for something...but I'm sure the typical white, middle class, middle schooler, who wears his pants around his ankles will love it. So well done, I guess.

Side Notes:
- I was a little disapointed with the last couple fights, but this time the Song Fighters came out swinging. Well done everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment