Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Friday, May 28, 2010

Song Fight Review: Jewel Of India

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "What Kind Of Love Are You Looking For", and The Jeremy Dean Band had my favorite entry. Well the voters went another direction, and Longfellow Street got the win. I had them ranked 2nd, and their entry was very good. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Dan The Man Band - I didn't like the echo or whatever it is you did to the last word in each verse. I think the vocals could have been stronger, but overall very enjoyable.

King Arthur - I enjoyed the story & performance. I think another mix is needed, and some of the lyrics didn't sound natural. Still one of the best this round.

Torrentz - I only disliked 1 thing about this track, and unfortunately it's a constant in the track. I don't know what it is, but during the break in the song it starts up again at 2:26. That sound just made my skin crawl...sorry.

Longfellow Street - Enjoyed the relaxing music & the vocals were pretty good. I don't know if it was the story or lyrics, but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe it was just too relaxing? Either way it's very pretty background music, but not something I'd listen to repeatedly.

Not Too Bad:
(To download these songs head over to Song Fight)

The Orange Collective - Story didn't grab me, but everything else was enjoyable. Solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment