Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nur Ein 5: Round 5 Review

Round 5 songs from Nur Ein 5 have been uploaded. The challenge was really cool this round:

Title: "We Need To Talk"
Non-optional Challenge: Must include an acrostic
My Favorites: (right click "Save As" on the artist to download their song)

Minty Handy - Fun nerdy song about an internet relationship about to take the next step. This is definately one of the best songs of Nur Ein 5.
Acrostic: "TELL ME NOW WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME WOMAN LOL", plus extra bonus letters "L" and "H".

Milo Dunderville - I LOVED the use of the acrostic...in that it didn't feel like the lyrics were forced while telling your story. Great entry, if you're voted out something is seriously wrong.
Acrostic: "WE NEED TO TALK RIGHT NOW BABY. RIGHT NOW."

Chris Cogott - Not my favorite song from Chris. The music was great, but the lyrics felt forced. I enjoyed the acrostic & the theme he went with, but I seriously pictured Chris as a cross between Weird Al & Yoda while listening to this.
Acrostic: "THIS NUR EIN SONG IS HARD."

Berkeley Social Scene - Few of the lines don't really flow, and seem stuck in the mud. The layering of vocals is something that I often dislike. In this case I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Wasn't a home run, but I think you hit for extra bases.
Acrostic: "WE REALLY NEED TO PILLOW TALK MORE BABY."

The Rest: (visit Nur Ein to download these songs)

Boop Boop - I thought it was a cool idea to pay tribute to Ronnie James Dio, who recently passed on. Unfortunately I didn't really get into the lyrics. The music definately had me rockin' though.
Acrostic: "WE LOVE HIM, RIP DIO. WE ROCK HIM. YEA! RIP DIO."

Jon Eric - Nice use of the acrostic, and I'm guessing it's an indication he struggled with the challenge. I think he managed to write a fine song though. I just didn't think Jon had the pipes for it.
Acrostic: "I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF."

Billy's Little Trip - I really enjoyed the first 4 lines a lot & the music was solid. Just felt like the lyrics started getting forced after that. I also expected more then just a repeat of the entire song at a faster tempo to finish. Fast off the line, but faltered at the finish.
Acrostic: "WE NEED TO TALK. WE NEED TO TALK. TALK."

Therman - Worst use of the acrostic for this round, and Andrew admits that this challenge "totally raped" him. It's not really my cup of tea musically or lyrically. Sometimes you just have to send in whatever you have finished, and hope for the best.
Acrostic: "HUNT" & "SMURFS"

We Need To Talk
Andrew Reist made a video for his entry.

Side Notes:
- This was a very strong round from the competitors, and the judges have their work cut out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment