Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Song Fight Review: Cakes

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Looking At The Sea", and I predicted that Titus would win...and he did. Well he tied for first...with the person I had ranked 2nd (heine). What's even better is that the people I had ranked 3rd & 4th...tied for 3rd. I must be getting good at pickin' winners. :p There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Jon Wilson - (pause) Dude! I've only finished the 2nd chorus, and already I'm depressed & want to shoot someone. (play) ..... And done, this is the saddest song I've heard on Song Fight thus far. At first I wasn't going to vote for this (fuckin' depressed me), but I figured you achieved your goal better than anyone else in this fight...so you're my top pick this time.

Schlimminy Cricket - What the hell is wrong with you people? Fathers raping little girls, and now your killing people & serving them up to eat? Fuck you all if you think I'm ever coming to a Song Fight Live event. (Laughed my ass off...well done.)

John Kloberdanz - Musical comedy? In Song Fight? Cool! I know it's not the first of it's kind to be entered into Song Fight, but I really do wish there were more entries in this genre. The refrain was pretty catchy, and I didn't dislike any of it. However I do wish the rest of the song was a little more peppy...it just slows down too much between refrains. Excellent entry though.

Derictello - BAM! I really enjoyed this. The end was cool with the Julia Childs audio, but come on...where's the Swedish Chef?

Berkeley Social Scene - You made me hungry...and I'm on a diet you asshole. Since you made me cheat on my diet, I shouldn't vote for this...but you earned it.

Paco del Stinko - Cute. There was a lot of variety this round, and this almost gets lost in the fight. I happen to like cute & silly songs, but this barely gets a vote.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

bgm - This took a couple listens before I could make up my mind about it. It's a bit depressing (as I'm sure it supposed to be), but I'm more into upbeat stuff typically. I do like the song though, and I'd probably quit my job after listening...but I'm already unemployed.

Duke Vector - I hate it when this techno/8-bit/synth stuff is entered, and there aren't any lyrics or anything that suggests that the title of the challenge was even considered. This ISN'T my cup of tea...but at least you didn't just say "Fuck the title, I'm doing my own thing." Props for that.

The HATE Noise (featuring Fatty Matt Triangle Boy) - Wow...I think this is the first entry from you I didn't hate. I'm not a huge fan of the lyrics in this. I usually don't like rap that refers to women as bitches, glorifies violence & stuff like that. I can let a little go, but this is just too much for me.

Rapehorn - Stupid name. After the first 10 seconds I didn't think this could get any worse, but you proved me wrong...congrats.

Side Notes:
This fight was a blast to review/pick my favorites. Just a ton of variety & a lot of neat stuff. Well done to everyone...except Rapehorn.

Cakes by Berkeley Social Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment