Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

Happy New Years! 2010 was a good year for Spintown. Not only did I start a songwriting contest (SpinTunes), but thanks to the wonderful people who participated it went over better than I expected. I look forward to starting up the 3rd edition of the contest sometime in June 2010.

The "Pain For Laughs" series is still going strong. The last video had over 100,000 views in less than a week, and I've got another PFL video ready to upload Monday or Tuesday.

"Spintown Interviews..." continues to be a favorite project of mine. I hope as my total number of viewers increase, I can promote some of those people a little more. I'm very grateful to everyone who has done a interview up to this point. I don't interview anyone I'm not a fan of, so it's fun for me to do those.

The rest of the blog is doing alright. The views on the home page is pretty steady even if they aren't coming in swarms. The lame music reviews, "YouTube Treasure Hunts", and other projects will hopefully continue throughout 2011. I think the new format has went over well, but there could be more tweaks in 2011...we'll see. I do like the fact that something is getting updated every single day now. Even if I don't have anything for the home page one of the other pages gets updated. The home page will probably be updated every day for the next week, but look for things to slow down a bit after that.

2010 Rap Up: The Year Of WTF
Sean Ireton did a great job with his 2010 rap up rap.


Top 25 Pop Songs Of 2010 Mashup
Individually I'm not a fan of most of these songs, but they sound better in this mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment