Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Do You Love Me? (1946)

Do You Love Me? (1946) is a good movie for Dick Haymes & Harry James fans. Other than that it's a bit of a bore. Maureen O'Hara is the lead, and she plays the dean of a music school. She takes a business trip to New York, and 2 men (Dick & Harry) fall in love with her. Not to mention the fact that she is already engaged, and her fiancée thinks yet a different man is in love with her (Reginald Gardiner). Maureen just seems wasted in this role. It's a light hearted film with no substance, and it's not all that original. All Maureen does in this picture is serve as eye candy (she is good at that though). This is just a vehicle to showcase music from Dick Haymes & Harry James. The main song ("Do You Love Me") is pretty catchy, but they keep coming back to it way too often. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I heard the song at least 4 times. Most of the music from the film can be found on YouTube...but I did the finding for you if you're interested.

Do You Love Me by Dick Haymes with Harry James And His Music Makers


Moonlight Propaganda by Dick Haymes with Harry James And His Music Makers

I Didn't Mean A Word I Said by Dick Haymes with Harry James And His Music Makers

As If I Didn't Have Enough On My Mind by Dick Haymes with Harry James And His Music Makers

The More I See You by Dick Haymes
This clip is from "Billy Rose's Diamond Horseshoe", but it is also sung in "Do You Love Me?". In this clip Dick is singing to Betty Grable, and Betty Grable actually makes a cameo in "Do You Love Me?" at the end. She was marry to Harry James at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment