Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Fastest Gun Alive (1956)

The Fastest Gun Alive (1956) is an alright western. It has a twist at the end that I really didn't see coming. It had me thinking 1 thing, and I was completely off. The big star in the film is Glenn Ford, and he is joined by the hotness that is Jeanne Crain. As with the last film I reviewed this is NOT a musical. I'm posting about this film only because of 1 scene in the movie. It's a dance routine by Russ Tamblyn, and it's one of the most athletic routines you'll ever see on film. It's honestly pretty amazing, but it seems completely out of place in this film. I guess I can forgive the director since the routine is so good, but the rest of the movie is so...unmusical...? You can watch the TRAILER for the film if you like, and I'll go ahead and reccomend watching it if you happen to catch it on TV.

PS: If the name Russ Tamblyn sounds familiar he was in "High School Confidential", "Westside Story" & "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers". Something I didn't know about him was that he recorded a Doo Wop number. Turns out it's kinda catchy, and yes I found it on YouTube for you. (It's Gotta Be Now Or Never)

PS: PS: IMDB had an interesting fact I wanted to share... "Both the tombstones of Harrold and Kelby are dated November 7, 1889. This is just after church and after the gunfight. November 7 1889 was on a Thursday not a Sunday." I just want to know who the hell has time to go back & catch that fuck up? Amazing...

Barn Dance by Russ Tamblyn
This is the scene from the film that I mentioned was totally out of place...but excellent.


Since there was only 1 musical number from this film...how about a couple Russ Tamblyn moments from other pictures.

The Wonderful World Of The Brothers Grimm
Russ Tamblyn & Yvette Mimieux performing the Gypsy Dance. I think we now know where Harry Potter got his cloak.


Tom Thumb
Russ Tamblyn singing "This Is My Song".

No comments:

Post a Comment