Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pain For Laughs 21

Spintown News:
I know I disappeared for awhile, but I'm back. My ninja training will have to wait for now, because I missed blogging. Anyways I've got a lot of catching up to do around here, so I'll be posting larger posts until I do get caught up. 7 features vs the typical 4 & 10 'Best Of The Rest' videos vs the standard 7.

The first thing I want to mention is the Round 2 results from Song Fu 3. In the first round my picks were all winners, but this time I was shocked. Hank Green won easy, and he should have. But Molly Lewis who won the first round came up with what I thought was a stinker of a song, yet she finished in 2nd? I don't know why or how, but people voted for her. Below are the top 7 vote getters, of which I only picked 3 correctly (those are in bold). I picked Mick Bordet & Insane Ian in my top 5. They finished 8th & 11th in this round.

1. *Hank Green - "I Know" (43.0%, 524 Votes)
2. Molly Lewis - "Peep Fight" (30.0%, 361 Votes)
3. Crabbydad - "Machine" (28.0%, 333 Votes)
4. *Mike Lombardo - "Sandwich Girl (Lunchtime Lovestory)" (22.0%, 270 Votes)
5. *Edric Haleen - "Extreme Mad-Libs (Song Fu Edition)" (18.0%, 221 Votes)
6. Jeff MacDougall - "Free Love" (13.0%, 159 Votes)
7. Joe "Covenant" Lamb - "I Wish I Could Tell You I Love You" (12.0%, 143 Votes)

The Round 3 Challenge has been revealed as well:
"For your third challenge, you have to write a song with the title “It All Makes Sense At The End”. You can interpret what song would be given that title in any way you see fit. Your song must run no shorter than 1 minute 45 seconds."
This doesn't sound as cool as the challenges in Round 1 or 2, but we'll see what these songwriters come up with.

In case anyone has forgot...


Another thing I'd like to mention before I get to the features is that I was in the very 1st brentalfloss Hall Of Awesome. Not only that, but I just missed top billing. I think I can speak for everyone here at Spintown when I say screw angryrobotwear.com CLICK HERE FOR Hall Of Awesome

I don't actually read very many blogs, but there's a few I almost always read. One such blog is the Jonathan Coulton blog. He made some keen observations about the future of the music industry in a recent post I suggest you take a look at. CLICK HERE FOR Payday

I'll finish the news with a few words of wisdom, then you can get to the videos.
"This is the thing about the new landscape that drives everyone crazy: you can’t see inside the cow; you can only build one, feed it music, and wait for it to poop." - JOCO

Pain For Laughs 21
If you didn't know how flexible my 'deadlines' could be you should now. The video is very late, but hopefully you like it. This might be the first ownage montage that has ever had 2 original songs written just to be used in it. I stuck with a rollerblades & skateboard theme throughout the video. If you would like to write an original song for my next "Pain For Laughs" video, just get in touch with me via Twitter or YouTube. The video has been uploaded to multiple sites already, so if the embed stops working for whatever reason, just check out one of the links below it.


Metacafe Putfile Veoh MySpace

Phatdippin' Rap
This is probably my favorite YouTube video since "Internet People". Rhett & Link rock....or in this case rap.



Flight Attendant Rap
I don't think I'd ever forget a flight that this guy worked on.



Put It On A Hook
A rap video featuring Mario, Link & Megaman.



Numa Numa Guy with Gecko
Gary Brolsma has honestly been a 1 hit wonder up until this video. He had a couple follow ups to Numa Numa that weren't bad, but this is the first one that really made me laugh.



No Nano?
There's some backstory behind this video, which can be cleared up by watching THIS 'sxephil' video.



Tom Cruise Crazy
YouTuber 'spiffworld' made another cool video for a JOCO song.



Best Of The Rest:

1. If you can't play the drums, always wanted to learn, but were too lazy...this link is for you. CLICK HERE FOR iDrum

2. Robots & Rap don't go together as well as strippers & poles, but that doesn't mean that it's not a match made in heaven. CLICK HERE FOR Robot Party

3. I'd love to get this kid Keenan in my next dance montage. CLICK HERE FOR WGN Morning News

4. This is a fantastic video on the progression of information technology, researched by Karl Fisch, Scott McLeod, and Jeff Bronman. CLICK HERE FOR Did You Know?

5. I used to be a very active member of a messageboard called "Fanhost". I still drop in once in awhile to get my Jennifer Love Hewitt fixes. This video was made by a poster in the JLH forum. It's not great, but since I'm a huge JLH fan I'd post almost anything involving her. CLICK HERE FOR JLH Tribute

6. I've linked to a number of Fabrizio videos, since I love accordion music. When I saw this accordion duet I can't remember for sure, but I might have squeeled with joy. Don't tell anyone. CLICK HERE FOR Fabrizio Duet

7. I love it when YouTubers collab with fans, so of course I had to post this Hank Green video. CLICK HERE FOR Scuzzy Kizoozle Curl, The Homicidal Squirrel

8. Just because I was absent, I hope you didn't miss "Your Weekly Music Lesson With Walt". CLICK HERE FOR Weird Symbols In Music

9. Brandon Hardesty got a role in a movie. To make sure everyone he knows sees that movie, he decided to promote it with a rap video. CLICK HERE FOR Bart Got A Room In Theaters! (Rap)

10. Here's a great new song from Jeff MacDougall. CLICK HERE FOR Nerdy Cougar

No comments:

Post a Comment