Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, January 4, 2010

Spintown Interviews...Sophie Merry

I've been a fan of Sophie since her first "Groovy Dancing Girl" video came out. So I was thrilled she agreed to this.

You'll notice this interview is rather short & seems to fly by. We had some technical problems even getting the video she recorded to work. For awhile I thought I was going to have to scrap this interview or just do an audio version. After multiple attempts to fix the problem, Sophie ended up burning multiple formats of the video on a disc, and then mailed me the disc. I tried all the files on the disc but 1, and the video still didn't work for me. Luckily that last file worked, and I had something to work with. Sophie had already done more then I had asked of anyone in this process, so even though I wanted to ask follow up questions & do a better job, I didn't want to put her out any more then I already had.

So even if the interview is brief, please check out her work below. She's a very talented girl, who has taken advantage of this new medium. BIG THANKS to Sophie for making an extra effort to participate, it's not like Sunkist gives me much of an expense account.


Music By: Sammy Kablam
Opening Animation By: "Buckethat" Bobby Matheson
Len Peralta Will Flip Your Face At: http://flipface.me/

Sophie's Profile:
YouTube Channel: BandyToaster
Joined YouTube: February 17, 2007
Channel Views: 331,701
Subscribers: 9,411
Sophie's MySpace Page: BandyToaster

Groovy Dancing Girl 2 x 2
1. Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
2. Justice - Phantom
3. Squarepusher - My Red Hot Car
4. Plaid - Shakbu



Solo Duet
This is Sophie's most recent project, and it features the music of Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong.

Cry Cry Baby
Sophie got a role in this music video from The Riptide Movement.


iGroove
This is a pretty cool video a fan made for Sophie.

Groovy Dancing Girl For Etam
Here's a couple more short videos Sophie did for Etam. If you want more info about Sophie & Etam, you can check out this TV spot: Part 1 & Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment