Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blue Skies (1946) & Another Thin Man (1939)

Well I've been watching a lot of old movies again, so I figured I'd give my opinions on some of them. The first film I want to mention is 1946's "Blue Skies". At one time this was supposed to be Fred Astaire's final film. He was 47 at the time, and thought this would be a big hit to go out on. I'm very glad he came back for "Easter Parade", and continued on after that. I didn't like this movie at all. It can barely be called a movie, it's more of a collection of musical numbers. That's not really a bad thing I guess, but they should have just thrown out all the story because what they had sucked donkey balls. I've included what I consider to be the highlights of the movie below.

Puttin' On The Ritz
By far the best moment in the film, this Fred Astaire number is amazing.


Heat Wave
Unfortunately I couldn't find the full video of this number, but it's one of the better numbers from the film.

A Couple Of Song And Dance Men
Bing sings a lot of numbers in this movie, but I've never been a fan of him on film. This was my favorite "Bing moment" from this picture.

Puttin' On The Rotoscope
I saw this fan video while looking for the "Puttin' On The Ritz" video.

Another Thin Man (1939)
I love most of "The Thin Man" movies. I could watch William Powell & Myrna Loy banter back & forth all day. The series isn't known for it's dance numbers, but this rhumba was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment