Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Party Girl (1958) & Kissin' Cousins (1964)

Spintown News:
I updated the "Music Videos" & "Songs Of The Day" sections today.

I've been trying to learn this song as I drive around town for awhile now...I'm still struggling. The first person to post a cover of this song will get a video featured on my blog every day for a month. No slowing the song down to make it easier... I'm A Little Busybody

Party Girl (1958)
There was nothing all that great about this movie, except for 2 dance routines by the wonderful Cyd Charisse. It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't a great movie either. Robert Taylor, Cyd Charisse & Lee J. Cobb give alright performances, but if I saw this on TV again I probably wouldn't stop to watch. One interesting thing about the film is that Cyd's real life husband Tony Martin sang the opening number. Click HERE to listen. Enjoy the first dance routine from the film below.


Dance #2
This is the second & last routine from the film. It's also my favorite moment from the film, and one of my favorite Cyd Charisse moments period.


Kissin' Cousins (1964)
Like most movies Elvis is in, this movie was made to sell records, and blows as a movie. I'm sure it was alright as far as advertising, but I'd rather pop in an Elvis CD, then watch this crap. Here's my favorite number from the movie. It's called "One Boy Two Little Girls".

No comments:

Post a Comment