Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, May 30, 2011

Song Fight Review: Bag Of Bones

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Who Said I'm Dead", and my favorite entry was from Longfellow Street. This time the fight wasn't even close. Longfellow Street dominated with 51 votes. A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Young Stroke aka Young Muscle - This made me laugh, and what made it even better is the fact that I know someone like this. I can't wait to see him & play this for him. BTW, SpinTunes has not yet had a rapper compete in it...not that I'm pushing...

King Arthur - "the baby care" is that another term for daycare? If so, I've not heard it referred to as that. If not, what's it mean? Catchy tune, and aside from a couple lines I dug the story.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Night Elf Mohawk - Within seconds I was annoyed. When I looked to see how long I'd have to suffer I was more annoyed. Then the talking...the characters...the singing...everytime I thought you hit bottom you would just dig some more. I was about 60% done with the song when there was a total change of pace that gave me a little hope...but it was REALLY short lived. Do I get some sort of trophy for making it through the entire thing?

Jan Krueger - I like the direction the story went, and some of the musical elements, but overall it didn't mesh for me. The marimba was cool or whatever it was.

Crack Hole - A pointless waste of my time. But at least you have an excuse for not using the lyrics forum.

Duderonymus Bosch - The 30 seconds you spent writing the lyrics should have been spent doing something more worth while. For instance: cracking your knuckles, thinking of a cool nickname for your penis or trying to imagine what a rainbow would taste like.

Billy's Little Trip feat. E-Bow Phillips - I knew ahead of time the general direction this entry would go lyrically (Billy + this title...isn't hard to guess), and most of the time stories like this don't do it for me. Liked it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment