Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nur Ein 6: Round 4 Review

SpinTunes #3 will be starting in June when Nur Ein ends. I recently posted the rules for the contest, and more updates will be coming this week. (draft of schedule & sign ups) If you compete in Song Fight, or are a musician who just follows this blog...check it out.

If you want to download any of the songs I'm reviewing in this post, there's a link to the Nur Ein site in my sidebar. Check it out for free music. In this round the title was "Patient Number 7", and the song had to include a significant use of cacophony.

DJ Ranger Den - I was completely with you through the first verse & diggin' everything. Then I got lost halfway through the 2nd verse. I had to look up the term "cacophony" before doing these reviews. I didn't let this challenge effect my scoring too much simply cause I didn't feel qualified to judge it. I didn't really hear it in this song...but that could just be me.

WreckdoM - It sounded crazy...which is what you were going for I guess. The overall experience just wasn't enjoyable for me.

Paco del Stinko - Cute. I really liked that you went in a different direction for everyone else. I really didn't see this coming, but I think you can make it to the next round.

Billy's Little Trip - Really liked the lyrics, with one exception. A condom full of cum isn't an image I needed. Music rocked, but I didn't hear anything in terms of cacophony? It'll hurt you a little, but you're still safe in my rankings. Hopefully the other judges picked up on something I missed, cause this was rockin'.

Frankie Big Face - Wasn't a huge fan of that odd instrumental section, but the lyrics were great. Overall the song worked in a creepy way. Well done.

John Kloberdanz - Just wasn't all that catchy to me. Lyrics weren't bad...but going accapella can be tough to hold someone's attention.

Ross Durand - It made me feel bad ass, therefore you are bad ass. I really did feel as if I were staring into a scope trying to put the crosshairs on someone. Well done.

Bram Tant - The music sounded chaotic. Maybe you meant to do that because it's about an insane guy, but it didn't come together for me. Lyrically there isn't much there unfortunately.

Manhattan Glutton - At least you won last round.

The Worldly Self Assurance - Some lines I really dug, while other made me go "meh". The music & vocals were well done. I've complained a lot about 5 minute + songs recently. This has been one of the few to hold my attention throughout, but honestly even it could be shortened.

Merisan - Nice vocals...again. Music was ok, but this is the first time I didn't really care for the story you told.

No comments:

Post a Comment