Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Song Fight Review: Front And Center

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Robot Ninja Zombie Bear", and my favorite entry was Jonathan Mann (TMA member). Well Torrentz also produced a good track, and got the win. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Give Our Regards To The Earth's Core - I think this guy must have at least a couple restraining orders out against him. I little creepy, but entertaining.

2. Jonathan Mann (TMA member) - Dug the 2nd verse a lot. Felt very minimalist & a little long, but overall it was a sweet tune.

Rycehat - I didn't expect a time traveling song during this round...well I normally don't expect one. Overall it was enjoyable. Some of the music was a bit annoying. I could have done without whatever effect it is that starts about 70 seconds into the song.

yelyah - Simple song about one of the harder things in life; letting someone go. This one felt very simple, and could have used something to mix it up a bit.

Still Good:
(Head over to Song Fight to download & listen to the following songs.)

Steve Durand featuring Ross Durand on Lap Steel - Great song, probably my favorite of the round. There's just 1 small problem...I can't see how in the world it comes close to meeting the challenge? If I missed something please explain it, but I can't vote for it since it seems like you picked your own topic for the fight.

Berkeley Social Scene - Very relaxing music, at times it was hard for me to pick up on the vocals.

Song A Day #452
Jonathan Mann made a video for his entry.


Side Notes:
- This song sounds so freakin' familiar that lyrics were on the tip of my tongue while listening to it. Unfortunately they weren't the lyrics used in this song. I have a feeling Hostess Mostess borrowed a lot from a popular song of my youth. It's annoying me that I can't place what song it is, so if anyone can tell me I'd appreciate it.

- The next fight should be interesting. The Song Fighters have been given 2 options for the upcoming Fight. They can pick from "Double Life" or "Half Life".

- Stucco Lobster Breadbox made me laugh with their entry, but as a song it falls flat. I admit to having a thing for 3 tittied women, but just because you theme your song around one....it doesn't make it a good song.

No comments:

Post a Comment