Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nur Ein 5: Round 1 Review

It's time to share my favorite songs from round 1 of Nur Ein 5. All 21 participants from round 0 managed to get an entry finished for round 1. This round is a bit more important though, because 4 people will be eliminated & 1 person given immunity by the judges. Lets review the round 1 challenge:

"Title: "Stranded"
Non-optional Challenge: Whispering"
My Favorites: (right click "Save As" on the artist to download their song)
1. Chris Cogott - I thought of the Beach Boys while listening to this...and that's a good thing.

2. Milo Dunderville - I would suggest sending this song to tikibartv.com. They might be interested in using it in an episode. Heck if you rewrite a couple lines it could be their new theme song. Fun song, it'll get numerous plays from me.

3. DJ Ranger Den - I really liked the direction Denise went here. Afterall...nobody else wrote about being stranded on a space station. This is either my 2nd or 3rd favorite song from Denise.

4. Berkeley Social Scene - In a couple places where the vocals overlap I couldn't follow the lyrics. Otherwise I loved the song, well done.

5. Therman - I liked the story, but thought some of the lyrics felt awkward. (make sense?) The music & production were great though, and I dugg the chorus.

Not Bad: (visit Nur Ein to download these songs)
Jon Eric - I think it's a really well written song, but I'm not a fan of Jon's performance of it. He's totally into it, but I don't think he has the voice for it. Still one of the better songs this round.

Boop Boop - Me gustaría ser bilingüe. Esta canción sonaba muy bien, yo simplemente no podía entenderlo. Todavía terminó bailando en la silla un poco...tan bien hecho. (I'm hoping that's translated right.)

Who Fly - There were some good things in there, but the performance just wouldn't let me get into the song. Everything was clearly spoken, but it reminded me of someone who's learning English. In that each word came with a struggle, each syllable seemed forced & had no natural flow.

Therman - "Stranded"
Andrew Reist made a video for his Nur Ein entry.


DJ Ranger Den - "Stranded"
Denise Hudson made a video for her Nur Ein entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment