Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Friday, April 23, 2010

Circle Of Titles

Today I'm reviewing a side project that Jon Eric started over at Song Fight. This is from the project site:

"In March 2010, fourteen Songfighters each suggested a title. Jon Eric then randomly assigned each title to one other participant. The result was the Circle Of Titles."
I wanted to wait until everyone finished their song before reviewing this, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before the last 2 get done. I thought some of the song titles were a little silly if not stupid, but most of the participant did a good job with what they were given. You can download all the finished songs over at Jon's site, but my recommendations are below.

My Favorites:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Billy's Little Trip - Look To The Skies (suggested by Rabid Garfunkel) - The 50 second intro made me think of Edric Haleen (Song Fu reference). The song is totally inappropriate, juvenile & .... hilarious. The intro isn't as funny as I think it's meant to be, but but once the music starts all is good. If you're into alien sex, this is your song.

Chris Cogott - The Prisoner's Dilemma (suggested by Caravan Ray) - I liked the prompt, and Chris capitalized on it. Catchy, funny & well produced like all of his songs...from what I've heard at least.

Ross Durand - Cocobolo Glow (suggested by Mike Lamb) - I didn't like the prompt, but Ross manages to write a sweet tune anyways.

Jon Eric - Viva La Narcissism (Suggested by Heuristics, Inc.) - This is another prompt I didn't like, but I think Jon did a good job with it. Way to step up, especially since this was your idea Jon.

Lithic - Show All History (Suggested by Jan Krueger) - I struggled to understand all the lyrics, but considering it's metal...that didn't shock me. I'm not a huge fan of the style, but not bad.

Mike Lamb - Count To Ten (suggested by Jon Eric) - This must have been inspired by one of the millions of nagging wives out there. I'm sure a lot of guys will relate.

Suckweasel - Nickelback Is My Favorite Band Ever (suggested by Sven Mullet) - I like this only because I'm picturing Mike Lombardo singing it. To be fair, I can't picture anyone doing much better considering the stupid prompt.

Caravan Ray - That's How I Feel (suggested by Ross Durand) - This song was entered in the "Front And Center" fight a few weeks ago. I've got no problem with someone killing 2 birds with 1 stone, but I'm just going to cut/paste my comments from that review:
"I think this guy must have at least a couple restraining orders out against him. I little creepy, but entertaining."
Side Notes:
- The 2 people who have not finished their song yet are Rabid Garfunkel & Lord of Oats. When they finish I might mention it in the blog later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment