Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Song Fight Review: Ease Your Storm

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Double Life/Half Life", and my favorite entry was Nobody, et al.. Berkeley Social Scene, which was my 2nd choice, ended up getting it's 2nd win in a row. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Herbitis billahhweetig - Beautiful song. My only complaint was one of the sounds that repeated during the chorus. I have no idea what it is, so it's hard to communicate what sound it is. At 3:29 it starts & makes me grind my teeth. Aside from that...loved it.

Stu Jordan - Loved the mellow opening with the rain & relaxing music. I was relaxed before the vocals even started. It did run a little long, and even worse; it felt long. I'd suggest cutting it down a little, but good work.

The New Original Titans of Song Fight - Another crappy name, but the song was enjoyable. Odd, but enjoyable.

Not Too Bad:
(To download these songs head over to Song Fight)

Ross Durand - It grabbed me right off, but at the 25 second mark things got slightly epic. Honestly this felt too short, and in my opinion it needs another verse. Even though this was clearly inspired by the title/challenge, I didn't hear the phrase in the song. That's the ONLY reason this isn't getting my vote, but great work.

Steve Durand - I liked the idea for the song, but the vocal performance just didn't seem to fit the song. I think I would have liked the song if someone else sang it, or if you approached the performance different.

Dan The Man Band - Like I said with Stu, this 'felt' long. This also felt repetitive...so that might be why it felt longer then it actually was. Not a bad entry, but it just didn't hold my interest throughout the entire song.

Side Notes:
- 2nd fight in a row that I only voted for 3 songs. Nur Ein definately took some of the wind out of these fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment