Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, April 12, 2010

Song Fight Review: Double Life/Half Life

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Front And Center", and Give Our Regards To The Earth's Core was my favorite entry. The voters disagreed, and Berkeley Social Scene got the win. It was a relaxing tune, but didn't get one of my votes. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. There was actually a choice of 2 topics this time. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Nobody, et al. - Love the lyrics, and it's a really 'sweet' song. It would be nice if the production value was a little better, but I have no idea what restrictions you're working under. Nice work, but a re-recording would be great.

Berkeley Social Scene - Can't say much bad about this. I didn't vote for them in the last fight (which they won), but they get my vote this time.

Steve Durand - Quirky & geeky both come to mind. It's not a bad song, but in a stronger fight I probably wouldn't vote for it. Not bad, but it's like beating up on a bunch of 5th graders, not all that impressive.

Not Too Bad:
(To download these songs head over to Song Fight)

A Far Off Land featuring Wise - Nice flow, cool relaxing beat, but couldn't get into the lyrics.

yelyah - This song is so close to being 'catchy'. I don't really dislike anything about it, but I can't place why it didn't grab me. I know this is even less helpful then my usual uninspired comments....sorry.

Side Notes:
- Overall I thought it was a weak fight. I love Song Fight, and I did find a couple songs I liked, but the loser of this fight was clearly anyone who listened to it all. For every good song, there were 2 bad ones.

- In the near future I'll be taking a look at a side project some Song Fighters have been working on called "Circle Of Titles". I haven't listened to the music yet, but it's a really cool project I'll tell you more about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment