Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Song Fight Review: Vest Factory

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Disco Tony", and honestly there wasn't much disco involved (disappointment). I voted for Paco del Stinko who finished tied for 3rd in the voting, and Chthonic Youth got the win. A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Darkroom - Voice is too distorted in the chorus. Awesome instrumental. Overall I enjoyed the music, lyrics & performance...just really wish you would go back and clean up whatever you did to the vocals in the chorus.

Paco del Stinko - Liked the chorus, and the fact that you started with it. I kind of felt like it was a bad local commercial. Good thing everyone knows bad local commercials are awesome. Overall the idea was funny, and fairly well done. I think the verses slow down a bit to much. It's slowed down to where it's almost like you're talking to a customer, but you're not talking...your singing. It causes you to sound like you were kicked in the head by a mule, and are struggling to get words out. Not complaining about your voice, it's the pacing I guess? Even though I said it was like a bad local commercial & implied you were kicked in the head...I really did like it. :p

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

DJ Ranger Den - I asked Denise why there was silence & typing at the beginning, and she said it fit the story. I still didn't get it. At the beginning I thought the echoes were annoying, but I was digging it by the end. The percussion instruments gave this song a little different feel than some of the songs I'm used to from Denise. Overall I have to say I liked the sound, just didn't buy the story.

It's about clothing that turns into straightjackets. I get that the girls love this vest you have, and that they all apparently want to be like you. But I'm missing a connection that is probably obvious. You mention you're alone, a loss of control, drowning, and seem pretty miserable: which would be "the cost" I guess. But I don't get HOW. How does the clothing cause all this exactly? I'm dense when it comes to getting lyrics, and once again it seems as if I'm lost.

(Long review since I've been pestering her to fight again. Since she did, I felt I should at least put more effort into the review than normal.)

Cabbage Stare - I've worked in factories that sounded better...but at least you put the title in.

Die Toten Schlaghosen - Started off interesting, got bored after 30 seconds.

lalabrookie - Wasn't going to comment at all on this, but you're a noob, and I wanted to say I think it's better than your previous entries.

The Panna Cotta Army - Pretty, but stop having Rebecca Black write your lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment