Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Song Fight Review: Disco Tony

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Favourite Lego Bricks (Look At The Beach)", and my favorite song was from Hunky + Signboy. He finished tied for 3rd in the voting, and Derictello got the win. A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Paco del Stinko - Fun song that gave me the best mental picture of the fight. Enjoyed the lyrics, it's upbeat & had me dancing in my chair.

Just In Case - Finally, someone brought a disco ball to the party. I wish more people had tried to dust off the old bell-bottoms. It was the main reason I was looking forward to this fight.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Schlimminy Cricket - Not something that would go on my MP3 player, but it was fun to listen to. Had me laughing a couple times, and the lines:

Ride on your truth Zamboni
Don't leave us all alone-y
...is something I think I'll love to hate. Overall not a bad entry.

Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs - Enjoyed the performance, but didn't care for the lyrics. Really, really enjoyed the performance though.

Ga Ga Ghosts - Not bad, just couldn't get into it. I like the fact your trying to bring some humor into it, but hearing "TONY" over & over got old.

Die Toten Schlaghosen - I generally like lyrics...although you did include the title. First track of the bunch that got my finger itchin' to point in the air...but not my cup of tea as far as what I normally listen to.

Metaluna - Not a bad instrumental...but how was it inspired by the title? (No lyrics...no vote)

Chthonic Youth - Not my type of music, but I did enjoy most of it. Not a big fan of cursing in the music I listen to...that hurt you a little.

Bobby Davros - Felt like every direction you took, lead you into a brick wall. Sorry, just not for me.

Klownhole - Well, shit...

lalabrookie - I think I like the vocalist, and would like the vocals more up front. There's about 8 seconds starting around 1:47 that I want to forget I heard.

Side Notes:
Most of you seemed afraid to even attempt to get your groove on. I was thrilled last week when I saw this title, and it was because I thought it would be a great change of pace from the norm. Embrace the disco...

No comments:

Post a Comment