Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Song Fight Review: Please Stop

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Let's Get Bloody", and I predicted that Ross Durand would win. Or at least that was my favorite entry. Well I was wrong, and Torrentz got the win. Both produced good tracks, and I think I had Torrentz ranked at 4th. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Ross Durand - I'm going to start sounding like a Ross Rurand fanboy. But he's been on a hot streak lately, in my opinion at least. A simple, well wrote, well performed song that is just fun to listen to.

Christopher Cogott - Catchy, well produced, and I'll probably end up playing this more then any other song from this round. I find myself lip syncing to it half the time it's playing.

Tobin's Spirit Guide - Fun song that most people will relate to at multiple points. The pissed off rant & the instrumental section (1:47-2:27) didn't really fit the rest of the song, and really changed the overall feel that I was enjoying. Overall great, but the mood changer I mentioned really bugged me since I was diggin' light & fun version of the rant.

Mister Mann - Interesting duet of sort, but I had to really concentrate to follow along. Just felt like a cross between a song & a tennis match. Enjoyable, but my neck is starting to hurt from my attention being jerked from side to side.

Architects Of Desire - Very relaxing & sweet tune. Enjoyed the vocals.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Jeff Robertson and the Neo-Candylanders - Funny story, and the music was corky & fun.

State Shirt - I understood the vocals this time, even though a few times it was difficult. Very relaxing.

State Shirt
He always makes cool videos for his entries...


Jonathan Mann
His entry is also his "Song A Day" #405.


Side Notes:
Overall this was the best Song Fight round I've listened to so far. I still hate the instrumentals, and some of the entries were utter crap, but over half the songs were enjoyable this time around. Well done Song Fighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment