Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, December 21, 2009

Too Much Awesome NEWS

Joe "Covenant" Lamb got some great news recently. He just won the honor of facing the Song Fu #5 master. I still don't know who Ken Plume picked as the master, but you'll be able to find out more details HERE soon.

Chris Cogott is a new TMA member that I recruited from Song Fight. If you've read my reviews of Song Fight, you know you have to sift through a lot of crap to find a couple gems. Well Chris is definately a gem, and if you don't beleive me you can download some of his covers on BandCamp for free (through the holidays) to see for yourself. He's also a JoCo fan, so he should fit in nicely. HERE's a link to his website, he's @chriscogott on Twitter.

We're Having A Party
Aside from the JoCo forums you probably won't find a bigger group of JoCo fans on the web then at TMA. To celebrate Jonathan Coulton's birthday these fans (of which I count at least 4-5 TMA members) created a collaborative fan video.


Somewhere To Hide
Sara Parsons was Joe's biggest competition in Song Fu #5, coming in 2nd place. I think her new video is a good example of why people like her.


Change Your Life
James Jones made a video for a great original song he wrote. I'm glad I got James to sign up to TMA, but now I have to figure out a way to get him more active in the TMA community. *hint* :D


All I Know (Electric Version)
This is a great song from Jason Morris. Everyone needs to go leave comments telling him to make more videos.

Level With Me
Raven Zoƫ is a brand new TMA member. Matter of fact she joined the other day when we had 23 people in the chat room. 20% of TMA was in the chat room at the same time, that's pretty awesome.


Twenty-two
Dave Leigh is another person that I sort of recruited for TMA. Sammy Kablam showed me the cover Dave did of "Today's The Day". When I saw it I had to try getting him to sign up for TMA. Thankfully he didn't make me get rough, and he joined when I suggested he check it out.

TMA's Project 4 Awesome
Russ Rogers had the great idea for TMA to participate in this yearly YouTube event. This year we didn't really have much notice, but 2010 will be different. Multiple TMA members helped in making this video, but I'm not going to list them all because I don't want to forget someone. Besides, this is about charity anyways. So watch the video, learn a little about the Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation, enjoy the song and even if you can't contribute money to the cause; take a couple seconds to rate, comment, favorite & share the video to help spread the word. The song that TMA covers is "Sing" by Joe Raposo.
http://mhopus.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment