Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spintown Interviews...Mike "Spiff" Booth

I can't remember the first video I saw of Mike's. I just know that I discovered him about the same time I discovered Jonathan Coulton, as I'm sure the case is with many. Often when you think of a musician you may remember various moments from a music video. For instance if you think of Michael Jackson numerous images could come to mind. Whether it's dancing zombies or sidewalks that light up, I'm sure everyone has a certain video that pops into their head when they hear his music. Jonathan Coulton is different. Whenever I hear his music I think of "World Of Warcraft" machinima. Recently I was lucky enough to interview the man that is responsible for this strange association.

Do to YouTube having a 10 minute time limit for uploaded videos, I had to split the interview into 2 halves. If you want to watch the entire interview as a whole, you can watch it HERE at DailyMotion. The only problem with DailyMotion is the ads are a bit annoying, and there's no annotations.



Music By: Sammy Kablam
Opening Animation By: "Buckethat" Bobby Matheson
Len Peralta Will Flip Your Face At: Flip Face

Mike's Profile:
Main Website: http://www.spiffworld.com/
YouTube Channel: spiffworld
Joined YouTube: March 07, 2006
Channel Views: 532,290
Subscribers: 17,853
Twitter Account: @spiffworld

Since all his current work has been inspired by these men, I thought it would be appropriate to provide links to their main sites as well.
www.jonathancoulton.com
www.paulandstorm.com

Blue Sunny Day
This is Mike's most recent video. I actually uploaded his interview 2 weeks earlier then I had planned so I could make the YouTube version a video response to this. There will be a little bit longer wait until the next episode because of this. I plan on uploading another altered & humerous version of the Jeff MacDougall interview sometimes next week to tide people over until the next episode gets posted.

The Captain's Wife's Lament
This is the only non-JoCo video Mike has done so far. I'd love to see him do something from Jeff MacDougall or Joe Lamb.

Chiron Beta Prime
Well I had to feature one of the Christmas videos since it's December, and this is a favorite of mine.

First Of May
This is the video that YouTube removed from Mike's channel. I've had problems with YouTube doing that to some of my videos as well.

The Big Boom
I always liked this song. Especially the part about Michigan being gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment