Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Friday, August 20, 2010

Song Fight Review: The Middle Part

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Hardly A Moment", and my favorite entry was from Steve Durand. He didn't get the win, but the song I had ranked second did. Jon Eric ft. Manhattan Glutton proved to be a good team, as their collab brought them a FLAWLESS VICTORY. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

King Arthur - You sir have been kicking major ass lately. Lyrics were clever, the story was smart & relatable. Enjoyed every second of it.

Ross Durand - Feel good, life lesson teaching, lyrically sound, title inspired song....well done.

Steve Durand - I was wondering the entire time..."How is this inspired by the title?" Of course at the end I got it, and it was kinda funny. It kept me entertained all the way through, and I was picturing a video for the song as I listened. You should go on Flickr & make this into a Picture Song. It would be incredibly easy.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

MENBAH! - Fun...not great but fun. So simple & light that it sounds a bit like a theme song. I like theme songs...so this will probably grow on me with more listens. (almost voted for)

Jon Eric - Didn't really dig the song, but thought the vocals were some of your best.

The HATE Noise - I found myself really enjoying this, and you've got great flow. What the hell was up with 2:38 to 3:34 though? This was about to go on my MP3 player, but because of that stretch it found it's way into my trashcan.

Masterhyde - Not bad, but it's a song about a song. Been there, heard that countless times. It pretty much needs to be EXCELLENT if you're going to go this route.

New Result - Having listened to a few of your submissions in the past, I want to try something new with this review. I'm going to attempt to review your song without listening to it, and then see how on the mark I was by listening to your song afterwards. Ok...so hear we go:

"Did I just beat Contra? Oh, never mind it's New Result with another 8-bit sounding entry with no lyrics. I don't count the repeating of the title over & over as actual lyrics...sorry. Try putting some thought into telling a story, because the only thing your entries ever make me feel is the need to beat a classic NES game."

Now...to listen to the song...

w00t I did pretty well. If everyone else was that predictable I'd never have to listen to the fights before reviewing. That would save so much time. I think you moved from 8-bit to 16-bit, but other than that my original review is what I'd have said. You could have repeated "Noodles Are Slimey", "Michigan Sucks", "I Fear Chris Hansen" or any random statement and it would have made as much since with that music. *sigh* Change your name to "Same Result" already.

Architects Of Desire - Nice voice. Groove is alright...lyrics didn't grab me.

Bachelor Police - Maybe it was just because you ran out of time, but expand on the story a bit. The title was "The Middle Part", and it felt like you left out the middle part of the story...needed more. I know the guy says he missed the middle part, but the audience shouldn't feel like they just had a P&J sandwich without the P&J.

Side Notes:
- USE THE LYRICS FORUM...you know...for those of you that write lyrics. *looks at New Result*

No comments:

Post a Comment