Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Song Fight Review: When Did You Know

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "The Middle Part", and I predicted that King Arthur would win. Well I was wrong, and Architects Of Desire got the win. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Jon Eric & Friends - You do 'catchy' like New Result does 'uninspired'. Like the idea, and the off balance feel I get when listening. I will say I thought it was a little weak between the 2nd & 3rd chorus, but not bad. I don't think I should have listened to this first...the bar is now set high people...

Ross Durand - I like the idea of someone thinking they are about to break someones heart, only to have it happen to them. Overall the song didn't have me singing along or bobbin' my head, but it kept me interested the entire time. First song I've heard reach the bar that Jon set.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Berkeley Social Scene - Loved the music, and the lyrics. The vocals weren't bad, but I think they should have been a bit louder. They seem to get lost in the mix at times.

Feat - I don't usually go for these type of random lyrics, but it does work in this case. Enjoyed the simple beat, which seemed sorta dream like, and your delivery was pretty good.

Masterhyde - You might be one of my favorite rappers I've heard in Song Fight. Flow & delivery are top notch, but this time I thought some of the lyrics were a bit weak.

DJ Ranger Den - Shave about 35 seconds off that opening. Towards the end I start getting lost by some of the lyrics, and didn't get them. But this is a solid entry & not a bad way to throw your hat into the Song Fight arena for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment