Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dance, Girl, Dance (1940)

This movie was fairly dull. I only watched it because I like Maureen O'Hara & Lucille Ball, but even as a fan of theirs I didn't care for it. You have Maureen playing a wannabe ballerina & Lucy playing a burlesque queen. They eventually fall for the same guy...mild drama...the guy picks option C (his ex-wife)...and then a rather dull ending. You can watch the entire movie on YouTube...but I don't suggest you waste your time.

One thing I did notice in the movie was that Lucy did her own singing. In most of the other musicals I've seen her in, they usually dub someone elses voice into the picture. As a burlesque queen I guess people don't expect great singing from you....just a little....attitude. Anyways...just because I found them interesting I'll put a couple of Lucy's numbers below.

Jitterbug Bite
I skipped to Lucy's number in this video, but if you're interested you can go back & watch Maureen dance a little.


Mother, What Do I Do Now?


Fun Fact: "Lucille Ball and Maureen O'Hara became inseparable friends while filming Dance Girl, Dance, and became life-long friends afterward, up Till Ball's death in 1989. Maureen was having lunch with Lucille when Lucille first saw her future husband Desi Arnaz." - IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment