Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Sunday, August 1, 2010

By The Light Of The Silvery Moon (1953)

I updated every page of the blog....2 DAYS IN A ROW! I may have went away for awhile, but I'm getting caught back up. Expect more updates on Monday, but not every page. For this page, I'm once again going to share some of my favorite moments from a movie I recently watched.

"By The Light Of The Silvery Moon" (Watch The Trailer) is basically a sequel for the movie "On Moonlight Bay" (1951). Both films are packed full of songs, and this is another Doris Day/Gordon MacRae film. There isn't much star power other than Doris & Gordon, but the supporting cast is solid. Leon Ames & Mary Wickes do a fine job, and Billy Gray was surprisingly good in his role as the kid brother/Fearless Flanagan. It's not a GREAT movie, just your typical light hearted romantic comedy, but certainly a fun movie. If you keep your eyes open you might notice an uncredited appearance from Merv Griffin. As usual, I'll embed my favorite moments below. This time I was able to find basically the entire movie on YouTube.

By The Light Of The Silvery Moon
Doris Day & Gordon MacRae singing the title song.


My Home Town Is A One Horse Town
Gordon MacRae singing a number as he's returning from the war.


Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee
Doris Day, Gordon MacRae & Russell Arms singing around the piano.


Ain't We Got Fun
This is one of my favorite Doris Day songs, and I sing this often in the car. This is not the same version I have on CD, but it's not bad.


Just One Girl
Gordon MacRae is so happy to see Doris that he can hardly stay on the ground....can you blame him?


King Chanticleer
There wasn't much dancing in this movie, but I thought this was a cute routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment