Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, August 9, 2010

Song Fight Review: Hardly A Moment

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Hello My Old Heart", and I predicted that King Arthur would win. Well I was RIGHT this time, and not just once but twice. Because as I already mentioned, Jonathan Mann won the Live Fight, and I voted for him in that. To quote John Goodman, "Ya that's right, I'm bad". There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Steve Durand - This song was catchy. Something I thought was lacking this round overall. There were some solid tunes turned in, but this one gave me a reason to listen again & again. Great work Steve.

Jon Eric ft. Manhattan Glutton - For some odd reason I normally don't enjoy collabs between 2 artists that I enjoy. In this case I think you both hit a home run, and should be in the running for a victory. I really thought the lyrics were well thought out in this song.

Cock - Nice vocals. Nothing really stood out about the music or the lyrics. I think this is a song I'd enjoy listening to multiple times, but it doesn't have anything that makes me want to seek it out. #CatchyFactorLow

Not Bad:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

The Affirmative Mention - Really dug the music...A LOT. Unfortunately I didn't care for the lyrics & the vocals were just alright. (USE THE LYRIC ARCHIVE)

Berkeley Social Scene - I listened to all these songs right after waking up. And the 1 minute instrumental opening nearly put me back to sleep. To be fair I should mention that the next day it didn't, but I still thought it was a bit long. The music was kinda pretty, but any time I tried to focus on the lyrics I just got lost. I could get into them at all, and the song overall fell into the catagory of nice background music...too me at least.

King Arthur - I enjoyed the chorus...and felt extremely let down with the rest of the song. Just feels like you got an idea, and the deadline came before you could fully construct it.

queef mcbeef - For what this is it isn't bad. It reminds me of Eclectic Method. Unfortunately I don't care for Eclectic Method's music if you take away the video. For me, he's an audio/visual experience, and one without the other isn't good enough.

Sockpuppet - That was f'ing stupid...but I laughed. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment