Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Song Fight Review: Robot Ninja Zombie Bear

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Double Take", and State Shirt & Glenn Case had what I thought was far & away the best entry. The votes didn't reflect my opinion, and Doug Funnie got the win. It's funny though, because Maxo actually got the most votes. He was caught cheating (friend flooding), and was disqualified by the administrator. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Jonathan Mann - Very catchy song that's about a Robot Ninja Zombie Bear who's basically a superhero. The Chuck Norris mention made this song a total WIN!

Minty Handy - Felt like a cartoon theme song...good thing I LOVE cartoon theme songs. Made me think of "Count Duckula"...

Pet Squirrel - The vocal performance was wonderful, and I'll probably listen to this song more then any of the others since I've already caught myself singing along a couple times.

Soap Yourself - This song is about Dr. Franenstien combining 2 different things together to make monsters (Pig Sharks, Lazer Monkeys, Fire Spiders, etc...), until he decides that 4 things would be even more epic. Overall it's a fun & creepy song.

Steve Durand - The story of a dad who can't find the latest new toy his kid wants for Christmas...a Robot Ninja Zombie Bear. Cool take on the title, and well executed.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Torrentz - A nerdtastic Nerdcore rap that's fun from start to finish. I almost voted for this, good job.

Deja Vu - Robot Ninja & Zombie Bear fall in love & have little Robot Ninja Zombie Bears.

James Owens - Love the oriental sound, and I was hoping beforehand that a few people would go in this direction.

The Popular Tablists - I wouldn't say this song is good, but it made me laugh countless times. The accents, the bizzare sexual rhymes, and stuff that makes you think, "What the hell are these guys on?" It definately left an impression, so maybe it IS good? In a WTF type of way...

The Weakest Suit - Good idea...but forgettable... Is this a protest to the fight title? If not, what the heck does it have to do with the fight?

Song A Day #440
Jonathan Mann made this video for his entry.


Side Notes:
- Overall it was a great round for Song Fight. Going into this round I expected a lot of good songs & a lot of bad ones. I didn't expect much in between with this title, and I got what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment