Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meet Me In Las Vegas (1956)

I accidently deleted a comment by an intern for what I'm guessing is a talent agency. If you still want me to contact you about your artist hit me up on Twitter or YouTube. Links are in the sidebar. -->

Walt Ribeiro uploaded another cover for his For Orchestra project. This time it's an OK Go song. Click HERE to listen to "This Too Shall Pass".

Yesterday I watched "Meet Me In Las Vegas", and I thought I'd post the highlights today. It was a good movie starring Dan Dailey & the beautiful Cyd Charisse. Jim Backus does a good job as a supporting character, and there's a ton of cameos in this movie. I won't bother to list them all, but if you keep your eyes open you're likely to spot people like Peter Lorre, Frank Sinatra & more. The soundtrack for the movie is great, but unfortunately I couldn't find my favorite number "The Gal With The Yaller Shoes". This is definately worth your time if you enjoy musicals.

My Lucky Charm 1
In this clip Cyd Charisse gets tanked, and decides to dance with some chorus girls onstage.


Frankie And Johnny
Sammy Davis Jr. sings while Cyd Charisse dances with John Brascia.

I Refuse To Rock And Roll
Cara Williams sings & dances a sexy number.

My Lucky Charm
Dan Dailey & Mitsuko Sawamura perform a cute number together that will make you say, "AWE".

Rehearsal Ballet
This is Cyd's first number in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment