Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Song Fight Review: Out Of A Hat

The last fight I reviewed over at Song Fight was titled "Threatening To Some", and my favorite entry was from Hostess Mostess who finished in a 3-way tie for 4th. The voting was a bit of a cluster fuck this time with a lot of people in the 11-19 range. bgm managed to get the overall win.

A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round.

My favorites from the fight Out Of A Hat are posted below.

Would Have Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Billy & The Psychotics - Wasn't a huge fan of the bridge, but other than that I loved it. Great entry.

Merijamby - Cute, kinda funny. Probably not enough of either to get a lot of replay value, but it's good enough to get a chuckle from me the first time around.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Berkelyn Social Scene - Has a dreamy feel to it...interesting sound, but didn't hold my interest all the way through.

Bubble Pipe Media - Despite the whispering I can still hear it...I suggest getting even quieter for your next track.

Klownhole - 7 minutes? What did I do to you? Whatever it was I'm sorry.

Paco del Stinko - "Hoo-doo-do-ooo" is the thing that stuck in my head more so than any other bit from any other song this fight. I had no fucking clue what it was about from just listening though. Since I liked the music I hit the forums to find out about it & saw your description of the song. Fans of that show will be thrilled, but as for me I'm just going to pretend you're singing about something else.

Ross Durand - The bum is lookin' "sharp"? Complaining about inflation? Interesting topic, just seemed a bit strange at times. As usual fine performance.

Side Notes:
Was short on time & wanted to post something today. So if I didn't have any comments for you it's simply because on first listen I had no feedback good or bad, and I wasn't going to take the time to relisten.

No comments:

Post a Comment