Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Song Fight Review: The Only French I Know

The last fight I reviewed over at Song Fight was titled "His Last Few Days", and my favorite entry was from Mind Map That. They only got 7 votes, and finished in a 3 way tie for 8th. The winner was Ebola-Cide with 32 votes. I really don't understand the results at times, but whatever...

A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round.

My favorites from the fight The Only French I Know are posted below.

Would Have Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Torrentz - I did not expect to enjoy a rap entry this round. I was shocked by how good this was. The sampling, the lyrics, the flow...everything just fit together so well. Damn son.

King Arthur - You took a POV for this song that does not appeal to me...at all. However, it's done so well that you sold me...on the song. Clear story, that went at the title from an angle I didn't expect, and the ending was entertaining. Great work.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Billy And The Psychotics - Loved the music & vocal performance. Overall I could listen to this if I just to rock out to something while doing something else. But...I didn't care for the lyrics, so it's not something that would make my MP3 player. PS: I did like 2 lines "The only French I know / Is how to kiss goodbye". You also get bonus points for using the lyric forum...since only 25% of the people did this time.

Elephant Kitties - Really enjoyed your singing, it's a really sweet voice. Clean recording, even if there's not much too it. Simple isn't bad. Lyrically...bored me.

Johnny Cashpoint - Funny idea, poor execution.

Juliet's Happy Dagger - Props for including a lot of French, but honestly that hurts your replay value...at least for me. I like to understand the lyrics, and I don't speak French. I can read them in the forum (thanks for that), but if I'm listening on my MP3 player I couldn't sing along...and that ain't fun. This was just a bad fight overall for my personal tastes.

Side Notes:
I knew going into this fight I probably wouldn't enjoy many of the entries. The title wasn't bad, I actually thought it was pretty good. I just knew that a lot of songs using various amounts of French (which I don't speak) wouldn't be all that fun for me personally to listen to. And overall...it wasn't fun for me. So I was a bit lazy I didn't say anything for half the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment