Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Song Fight Review: Threatening To Some

The last fight I reviewed over at Song Fight was titled "The Only French I Know", and my favorite entry was from Torrentz. Not only did he win, but he dominated taking first place by a large margin. The other song I liked was from King Arthur, and he finished in a tie for 3rd.

A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round.

My favorites from the fight Threatening To Some are posted below.

Would Have Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Hostess Mostess - I was only half listening when I first played this, and it came off really creepy. Glad I listened again...a song about mans best friend is a lot more fun than a song about a sex offender.

Yen Sing Mot - I had a thing for Ice on American Gladiators, and I pictured her during this. So I don't know what's more weird, the song or my reaction. Solid tune though, well done.

Dandy Hen - The message of the song is pretty lame, and even though it feels like it needs more, what is there is very pleasing to the ears.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Anomaly Jonez + Yeshintae - Bring the vocals up in the mix.

Berkeley Social Scene - I was eating a New York Strip medium rare as I listened to this...want to guess what I think of the song?

bgm - The song is pretty void of energy for the most part. The chorus isn't bad, but the vocals are a little too low for me.

Billy And The Psychotics - On first listen I thought meh...but after a 2nd & 3rd it grew on me a little. I didn't like the line "Gonna share the good and the pain". While listening you're so used to hearing "Good and the bad" that your line just feels off. It's not, but it's just I'm so conditioned to expect 1 thing that even though another thing fits...it doesn't. Make since?

Black Russian Futurists - Vocal performance bored me. The lyrical direction just didn't interest me...it's a topic I'd expect Billy to take on...but only he would do it better.

Bubble Pipe Media - The singer sounds like he's trying to fight off premature ejaculation.

The Chadderandom Abyss - Lets just try to forget this ever happened.

Dolphins In Pain - Not a lot of feedback...all I can say is this is the least painful song from a band with "Dolphins" in the name that I've heard in Song Fight. Oh, and use the lyrics forum.

Ebola-Cide - Any enjoyment I got from this has more to do with nostalgia from the samples than the lyrics. It's not bad, it's just not for me. Things like "Crazy ass fool" are just not things I want to hear Mario say. lol

Evils That Never Came - Depressing & slow...not really something to put on my MP3 player.

J@M35 & Dejected Motives - Attempting to find something to say about this would almost be as big a waste of my time as the "song" itself was.

King Arthur - Musically it was fine, I just didn't get into the story & going meta didn't help.

Lord Of Oats - I'm glad you like haters, cause you might get a few with this.

Paco del Stinko - I had to look up "portend". So the guy is either loved or hated...but why exactly? I think I just missed the point with this one.

Spacepub - The 2nd vocal doesn't sound very happy about being part of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment