Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, December 6, 2010

Song Fight Review: Look At The Sky

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Future On The Road", and I predicted that Todd McHatton would win. As usual I was right (just kidding), and he did pull off the victory. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Something Happy - I liked it. I expected to smile when listening to this (based on your name), and I did. So I'm not going to say anything bad about it, just well done.

Ajl Anderson - I really dug the music. I didn't care for the lyrics or story telling. I just got bored, and since it's almost 6 minutes long, I suggest cutting it down a bit. The vocal performance was my favorite of this round. You've got a lot of tools in your bag, but I just didn't dig the story...the looooong story.

Scott Gesser - I think this has promise...despite me not being into the story. The hook is catchy, but the recording just sucks. I don't really know what you're capable of, but I look at this being a solid very rough demo.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

backward binoculars - Very simple music, and you have a soothing voice. WTF moment just after the 2 minute mark? Some of those sound effects just aren't pleasant to listen to. At one point I was reminded of what it was like having a dial up internet connection. I didn't really get the story being told, but as most people find out, I'm the type of person who likes the story to be crystal clear.

Fritzl Family Staycation - Next...

The Dinnertime Boys - Honestly that was very purty. The first 20 seconds I just sat back with my eyes closed relaxing. Then I opened them & saw my player said the song was about 1/3 of the way finished...just when I was expecting...well...lyrics? I know instrumentals are allowed here at Song Fight, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. At least make it longer (TWSS) you tease.

Baker - What the heck is going on in the beginning & from 2:18-2:41? Whatever it is, stop it. The second time it stops very abruptly, which just makes it seem even more weird & out of place. The vocals weren't great, but good enough. My big problem is that there seems to be a lot going on in this song, yet none of them seem to go together.

shamanizer - Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment