Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, April 25, 2011

Song Fight Review: Cloud-Cuckoo-Land

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Beaten Man", and I thought it was a pretty weak fight. I thought Caravan Ray should have got the win, but EggNogAdam ended up with the victory. A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

King Arthur - Well told story, cool music & a good performance. The only thing I was going to point out was you screwing up the word "reparations"...but then I read your disclaimer over your lyrics...so now I got nothing.

Graham Parry - Felt 80's...ish. Enjoyed the performance a lot, and the overall sound worked well.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

lalabrookie - This felt long, and it wasn't. It's not because it's bad, it just needs filled out more. The guitar & vocals sound fine, just needs more to go with it. Lyrically I didn't like much this fight. I blame the stupid ass title, but I still didn't like yours no matter who I blame.

Big Clucker - This seemed like a rock band covering random bits of music from very old sitcoms & throwing them into a medley. I don't vote for instrumentals...but it was...interesting.

Berkeley Social Scene - This probably would have got a vote had I been able to hear the vocals better, and had they sounded better. The music for the most part was catchy, and I really like the instrumental bits. I couldn't pick up on what you tried laying in just before the 3 minute mark.

Side Notes:
- Stupid title.
- More entries than I expected with Nur Ein going on...keep it up.
- Use the fecking lyrics forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment