Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, July 12, 2010

YouTube Business Cards

A friend of mine ("Buckethat" Bobby Matheson) made a video about getting free YouTube business cards from MOO. I thought it was a pretty cool idea, and the cards looked pretty slick, so I planned on doing it as well. I ended up putting it off, and then forgetting about it.

Until...another friend (@RITmusic2k) tweeted that he just ordered his free cards & it was the last day of this special promotion. So I ended up rushing over to the site, and putting absolutely no effort into making a creative design, ordered some free business cards. It was really easy to customize the cards, and there were a lot of options.

The cards turned out very nice considering my lack of creativity in the design. I've included scans of the different versions below, and a copy of the back. My scanner sucks, so you'll have to trust me when I say the cards really do look nice.

I ended up giving one away for the first time yesterday. I just finished playing ball at the park, when a friend who recently moved back to the area stopped me and wanted my contact info. I told him my phone number hadn't changed, but then he also wanted my MySpace & Facebook info. I told him I don't really use those sites (despite having accounts on them), and handed him my card. Which has my blogs, Twitter & YouTube info on it. I got a kick out of it, and look forward to using the other 49 cards that I have.

PS: They were free, but you still had to pay like 6 buck for shipping...which still is a good deal.







No comments:

Post a Comment