Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, July 19, 2010

Song Fight Review: Peace Is Rest

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "Hard Landing", and Manhattan Glutton took the victory. I loved their song, and honestly couldn't pick a favorite between them & Lucky Spoon who came in second. So I guess I got lucky & pretty much called that fight. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current fight. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Just In Case - This music is catchy as hell, and I struggled to pay attention to the lyrics because of the chair dancing fit the music put me in. It also reminds me of a song I can't place, but you've got my vote.

DUNCE - The ominous music really works for this track, and the rhymes are pretty slick. No question you're getting a vote, I like the entire package.

Cock - I didn't want to like this...but I did. Can't say why exactly...lyrically it's not the type of song I go for normally. Not a style I typically like...but the song was definately driving me somewhere, and I liked the trip.

Not Too Bad:
(To download these songs head over to Song Fight)

Chekhov's Raygun - This isn't a bad entry, but it does touch on 2 pet peeves I have about song writing contest. When the guitar comes in I have trouble picking up on some of the lyrics, so it would be great if there was a place you can post the song lyrics.....oh wait...there IS. I wish people would use the "Ye Olde Lyric Archive" more often. The other thing I get a little tired of is; songs about writing songs. I hear a new one every month is seems. For what it's worth this one is better than most, but it just seems like a fall back topic for every single person who can't think of a good idea for the challenge/fight.

Just bcz - I'm glad you pointed out how stupid the music & beat was...saved me from having to. I can get behind the message of the song, but if you want people to listen to it more than once...you'll need music that's more inspired. Glad you sent this in....even late.

Peace Is Rest
State Shirt made a VideoSong for his entry.


Side Notes:
- I just finished watching the 2nd night of Song Fight Live 2010 on U-Stream. I watched the first day as well, and it was pretty awesome. Jonathan Mann ended up winning the live fight at the end of the night. He was my favorite of the show, so I guess I'm 3 for 3 today. Congrats Jonathan, and congrats to Song Fight as a group. I hope you've got at least another 10 years left in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment