Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Song Fight Review: Ashes

The last fight I reviewed over at Song Fight was titled "You Are the Heartbeat of This Office For Sure", and my favorite entry was from Billy And The Psychotics. They finished strong at 3rd, and the winner was Manhattan Glutton who put in a solid tune. A new batch of songs can be found over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round.

My favorites from the fight Ashes are posted below.

Would Have Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Steve Durand - This is not even close to my favorite song from Steve, but it's my top pick today. It sets a mood, tells a clear story & in my opinion should win this rather weak fight.

Berkeley Social Scene - It's not fair using your kids to gain 'cute' votes. Anyways...nice song, has some replay value.

Daring Front - 80's movie montage music. The final 30 seconds or so felt like someone was pushing a pipe cleaner in 1 ear & pulling it out the other. Otherwise...not bad. (Use the lyrics forum)

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Bubble Pipe Media And Viktor Walters - This song flows like a river of peanut butter.

East Coast Coin Company - The music was ok, but I had trouble picking up the lyrics by ear at times. When reading along I just didn't find the lyrics all that creative...and with rap that's kinda important.

EggNogAdam - Once again my big issue is your lyrics, but the rest of the song didn't really grab me either.

Jacob Bernado - There's not much there, and what is there, is repetitive.

Juliet's Happy Dagger - Lyrics aren't for me.

Life In Decibels - Vocals are too low in the mix, and the music is about as catchy as 56k modem connecting to the web.

MENBAH + Swampjaw - I hate Pokemon, so I really can't say much about this without that factoring in.

The Midnight Society - WAY to slow for my personal tastes. This makes me sleepy.

Missions To Proton - I think I liked your last entry...will look forward to the next one. Still like the vocals.

Ross Durand - Honestly this is too slow for me, and not really my type of song. It's really well done, but just not for me.

SevidemiC - Flow is good...lyrics didn't interest me.

SYNFONYC - This song not only put me to sleep, but it was so offensive to the ears that it woke me up afterwards.

Berkeley Social Scene
Hey look, a cute video for this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment