Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Friday, November 26, 2010

Song Fight Review: Future On The Road

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "After Hours", and I predicted that Ross Durand would win. Well I was right, and Ross did add yet another Song Fight victory to his collection. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

Todd McHatton - It's funny that you entered this fight, it was about a week ago that Glen Phillips brought you up in a discussion over in ArtiFiction. As for the song; it boarders between catchy & annoying. I swear I've listened multiple times on multiple days, and sometimes it falls into one catagory & sometimes the other. It definitely feels like the song is driving the listener...that may be the thing that strikes me as annoying at times.

Rycehat - Did you just write a Back To The Future related song? Intereting take on the challenge. Unfortunately this song ends before I wanted it to. Just felt like there was more story that could have been told.

Architects Of Desire - Mood music...good mood music, but still mood music. It's so long & slow that any story you might be telling doesn't hold my attention past the 2 minute mark. Sounds pretty, I'm happy to fall asleep to this anytime. :p

Berkeley Social Scene - When the chorus starts at 1:20 it gets difficult to pick up the vocals. Musically BSS is always interesting, even when I dislike the entry. Not being able to pick up chunks of the lyrics is a deal breaker with me though.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Bad Boys At Bat Mitzvahs - Whatever you did to the vocals actually startled me at first. Later it just became annoying. I could have good things to say about this with a new vocal track, but as is, it's not something I would listen to a 2nd time.

Monotone Max and His Long Band Name - Why the heck is this even entered? I can't see how it relates to the prompt at all. Sorry, but I considered this a waste of my time.

The Semolina Pilchards - Musicially it's mellow & interesting, but lyrically felt weak. If I don't really pay attention I don't pick up the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment