Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Monday, October 4, 2010

Song Fight Review: You Believed It Yourself

The last challenge over at Song Fight was titled "We Do All The Style", and I predicted that Ross Durand would win. I was wrong, Ross took second, and Guitarotica got the win. There's a whole new batch of songs over at Song Fight, so I suggest you go pick your favorite songs for the current round. My picks are listed below:

Voted For:
(Right Click "Save As" on the artist's name for a MP3 of their entry.)

King Arthur - I grew up baptist, and been around the church most of my life. One thing I've always disliked were TV ministers...I'm sure there are good ones out there, but most of them are so over the top & fake I can't stand them. The song was well written & performed, and told an interesting story while using the prompt better than most.

Longfellow Street - Loved the performance, and it's something over half of Americans can relate to. :p Just a fun song that painted a picture I could see clear as day.

Cock - This is not really my style of music...so you deserve extra props for this song. I enjoyed every second of it...music, lyrics, performance...you name it. Well done.

Steve Durand - I think this song could have pulled the heart strings a bit more. The end definately felt sad, but I didn't get that feeling all the way through. Still, I enjoyed the story & use of the prompt a lot. Well done.

Others:
(Head over to Song Fight to listen to these songs.)

Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs - Musically it was a lot of fun, but lyrically it didn't grab me. I thought the vocals were...alright...just at times they needed to be more clear. There were times when it seemed like you didn't finish words. I know some of it is just really quick, so it's probably difficult to make it all perfectly clear.

Berkelyn Social Scene - I might like this with another mix. As is, I struggle to make out the lyrics because the music drowns them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment