Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Nur Ein 14 Round 7 Reviews

You can read everything below if you want, but I was also a guest on the 2 Jerks 1 Vote podcast, and I gave my thoughts on the 2 finalist there as well.

Shadows
Everyone who submitted a shadow in this round, and all the others...well done.  I’m glad you get that this is supposed to be fun & about creating music first & foremost.  I actually don’t like judging & doing reviews, and that’s the only reason I didn’t write them for you….I never committed myself to doing them.  But I DO enjoying listening to the songs each round & seeing how you all meet the challenges.  Thank you for adding to that joy each round.  Also….Max….DAMN.  You win this round.

Agony Sauce
This is tough.  Cause I was hoping the last round you would drop all the extra challenges.  I mean there’s nothing new to add to this round, so I didn’t see the point in doing all the same challenges again.  I’m sure because I’ve judged all these rounds I have a different POV than most listeners to this will.  For me when you get to the spelling, I’m like yeah, saw that coming...and in this case it again seems out of place to me.  I thought the sample fit into your song pretty well.  The overall the song is really well done, I just feel like even though this is a NEW song, it feels like I’ve heard it before.  It’s cool that both of the final songs were collabs amongst the finalists.

Vowl Sounds
Another case were I’m just ready for the gimmick to end.  I think this was one of the better songs in this story.  You bring it to a close nicely, even if I don’t fully buy the wife would be as forgiving to the girl as you wrote it.  She stole her man, and helped cover up her murder so I thought that was a bit of a stretch.  That’s also one of the things that’s bothered me throughout this contest.  You write a song.  I enjoy the story, but then I also create my own story in my head imagining how it would continue.  But then the next song comes out & you blow up my little image I had of your song.  Lol  Not really your fault at all, but people do that with songs all the time.  They can mean 1 thing to 1 person, and another to someone else.   So you basically don’t allow me create my own version of the story by constantly correcting me each round. ;p  I haven’t been listing my rankings in these reviews since Niveous has been doing it when he posts the results, but you do get my vote in this final round.  Because like the Agony Sauce song, this was really well done, and sounds great.  I think I enjoyed it a tad more because I didn’t feel as if I’d heard it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment