Where Music & Dance Fall Face First Into The Internet

Sunday, December 23, 2007

What Pissed Me Off Today #6

Here's a link to Pain For Laughs: 16. My You Tube account was just suspended which is why yesterdays video isn't working.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24481609

Do you want to take a guess as to what pissed me off today? :p Actually I'm not pissed off about anything today, that stupid Christmas spirit must have me in a good mood or something. Truthfully I was expecting the account to get suspended when I saw how popular the videos were getting. I'm a little annoyed that I have to go find another hosting source, but no big deal.

What bothers me about this the most is that out of the 1,500,000 or so people who watched my videos over the past 3 months the vast majority had a positive reaction to them. I had hundreds of ratings, and none of my 16 videos in the series had an average rating lower then 4 1/2 out of 5. Out of all the comments most were positive as well, but there were some who were disgusted by the violence. The way I see it though they shouldn't have watched to begin with if they don't like violent videos. The series is called PAIN FOR LAUGHS for heavens sakes, and there was a violence warning in the description of all the videos. For anyone who may have missed these warnings I started putting a warning at the beginning of all the videos as well.

I just think it's ridicules that You Tube catered to the tiny minority, and suspended the account. Maybe they were worried about kids watching them or advertising, I don't know. Fact is it's not the job of You Tube to monitor what kids watch, it's a parents job. There are plenty of advertisers out there for sites as popular as You Tube as well. Having restrictions for things that most people like is just going to give your competitors an edge. They need to come up with some sort of ability to categorize there videos by age appropriateness like Metacafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment